Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Here it goes.

Hello... world :)

This feels a little weird but also very exciting!

I can officially say that this is my first blog post ever (well, I did do a blog post during university for media class but that was kind of a fail). Anyways, I am very excited to finally start something to do with my one and only love, food.

Food, food, food. :)

Anyone that knows me can guarantee you that I've had moments where I would be having my own conversation about the food I've just had, about to eat, or dreaming to eat (My Aunt's Xmas Turkey - mmm drool.................. wait what were we talking about?) Oh yea - Food! (See what I mean?)

Ever since I was a baby, my mom would always tell me that I would be constantly crying because I was hungry. I was always stuck to her as she was, back then, my only food source (TMI - sorry). Growing up as a child, I somehow was very picky about the food I ate and went through a phase where my mom would have to cook something different than to what the rest of my family would eat almost everyday. This phase lingered on to my early teenage years. Looking back now, I honestly have no idea why I was so picky because I can eat anything and everything and love many different types of food now. Once university came into place, I was pretty much enjoying everything and started to develop a real passion for trying new things. Being a part of the Middle Eastern culture, you can't help but become infatuated with food, eating out and taking that same mind set when you travel.

So let's get down to the wire and ask the real question, why am I starting a food blog and who am I? I'm 23 years old, living in Dubai and originally from Iraq. I've lived in Libya, Canada, and Dubai (longest here in Dubai) and I've been privileged to travel to many countries, although still many, many more to see. I've come to a point of realization that I'm happiest when I'm around food. I'm constantly watching, trying and learning about food almost all the time. I have to say that one of the biggest inspirations for this blog was my recent Family trip to Italy. I believe that Italian food is one of the best cuisines mainly because of the freshness and simplicity of their dishes. Being in Italy and getting to try their home-cooked, fresh food in their surroundings and culture pretty much blew my mind. I fell in love with the place and I feel like I fell in love with food all over again (if that was even possible).

I know that this post probably seems way too long but this is just to start and get things rolling! I promise I will be sharing many more interesting segments, videos, reviews and lots more so stay tuned. And since this is a food blog, I'm sure we need to drool over some photo right about now so I thought I'd share with you my favorite meal from my Italy trip.

Linguine all'astice e pomodoro / Linguine with lobster and tomato

One last thing, to all reading this that don't know me, thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you stick around for more!

Love,

Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you! Please share what you think :)